Coming soon to Advantage Ford: The all-new Ford Bronco
The legendary Ford Bronco is back and coming soon to our local Calgary Ford dealership. The Bronco Family is stylish, combining the legendary retro build that made it popular with modern innovative features. The impressive off-road capabilities are what adventure enthusiasts are lining up for with a powerful chassis and drivetrain, waterproof surfaces, and removable doors and roof. Let’s take a look at what the long-anticipated Ford Bronco has to offer.
The Ford Bronco Series
With seven series each designed for different types of adventure, the Ford Bronco has something for everyone. You can customize your Bronco with over 200 accessories available.
- Base – Only the absolute essentials and key features like removal doors and roof for off-road use and 4×4 capabilities. Choose between a 2- or 4-door model.
- Big Bend – For mainstream off-roading with added features such as leather-wrapped steering wheel, heated seats, remote start, and more.
- Black Diamond – For adventure off-roading with standard rear-locking differential, rock rails, steel front and rear bumpers, heavy-duty skid plates, and 7-terrain modes.
- Outer Banks – Featuring 18-inch high-glass aluminum-alloy wheels and standard LED headlamps and taillamps. Can come with an optional 12-inch LCD touch screen and B&O sound system.
- Badlands – Designed for extreme off-roading, featuring Bilstein position-sensitive monotube shocks, front and rear-locking differentials, and stabilizer bar disconnect with a choice of mud and all-terrain tires.
- Wildtrak – Engineered for high-speed off-roading, tested in tough racing locations like Johnson Valley.
- First Edition – A limited run that combines the mechanics of Badlands, Outer Banks interior, and Wildtrak exterior.
Engine and Performance
The Bronco comes with a standard 300-HP turbocharged 2.3-litre four-cylinder engine or you can opt for the 330-HP twin-turbo 2.7 litre V-6. A 7-speed manual is compatible with the smaller engine while a 10-speed automatic transmission is compatible with both engines. Each Bronco powers all four wheels with an independent front suspension, electronic locking front and rear differentials, optional 35-inch mud-terrain tires on some models, and a sway-bar-disconnect feature. The Bronco has an impressive performance that rivals the most popular off-road vehicles, soft suspension, and towing capabilities of 3500lbs for both the two- and four-door models.
Interior and Cargo
The removable doors and roof are what make the Bronco a dream for off-road adventures, with enough cargo space to store all four doors. The Bronco offers rubberized flooring and vinyl upholstery to protect against the elements, or you can opt for leather seats. The two-door version can comfortably seat two adults while the four-door model offers 50% more cargo room. The interior has a rack built onto the dashboard that allows for mounting a GoPro, smartphone, or other recording devices to capture the all-terrain drive.
Infotainment and Technology
The Bronco comes with an optional 8- or 12-inch touchscreen on some of its models with the latest in-dash Sync4 software. You can connect your smartphone wirelessly to the infotainment centre, which supports Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a subscription-based WiFi hotspot. Buyers also have upgrade options, such as a more powerful sound system and built-in navigation assistance.
Tried, tested, and true – the safety and drive features of the new Bronco have been torture-tested in the Johnson Valley desert and one of the world’s toughest off-road endurance tests, the Baja 1000. What you’re getting here is a powerful, capable, and stylish vehicle that can handle even the roughest terrains. You can choose from a range of available driver-assistance technology, including:
- Forward-collision warning
- Automated emergency braking
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keeping assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Automatic high-beams
- Parking sensors
- Trail driving equipment
- … and more
Bronco enthusiasts and Ford dealers are excited about the return of this celebrated vehicle spanning across generations. Call us today to book a showing and test drive the all-new Ford Bronco.