Ford debuts the all-new 2022 Ford Maverick
The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick debuted in June and will go on sale at Ford dealerships across the country in the fall. According to Ford’s truck group marketing manager Todd Eckert, “Maverick challenges the status quo and the stereotypes of what a pickup truck can be.” While other carmakers focus on providing a bigger and better truck, Ford caters to customers who want a compact truck that’s light enough for city driving and spacious enough for weekend getaways. Truly, a dream truck for many Albertans.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur needing to haul merchandise, have an active household, have projects on the go, or need extra space without the heavy-duty features, the Ford Maverick is a top contender in your search for the perfect light-duty pickup truck. While you’re waiting to test drive a Maverick at your Ford dealer in the fall, check out what this compact truck has to offer.
Request to order
The 2022 Ford Maverick is a light-duty truck that can take you from city life to camping in the mountains. Some of the targeted estimates include:
- 5.9 city L/100km
- 7.1 HWY L/100km
- 6.4 combined L/100km
- 1,500-lb. standard max payload capacity
- 2,000-lb. base towing capacity
- Available 4,000-lb. max towing capacity with 2.0 EcoBoost and 4K Tow Package
- Available Off-Road Package with Hill Descent Control, All-Terrain Tires, and 5 Drive Modes
The 2022 Ford Maverick lineup includes:
- Maverick XL – The first-ever standard Full Hybrid Engine pickup truck with a 2.5L Hybrid Engine
- Maverick XLT – With Cubby Storage and 17″ painted Aluminum wheels, and Power Locking Tailgate
- Maverick Lariat – 18″ Machined-Aluminum Wheels and Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
- Maverick First Edition – The first edition featuring the luxuries of the Lariat
This compact truck boasts an impressive “FLEXBED” that is a dream for DIY enthusiasts. Here are some of the design features of the Ford Maverick’s flatbed:
- The load floor is just 30 inches from the ground with the tailgate opened
- Low bedsides for easy access to cargo
- 4.5-footbed with a 1,500lb payload
- Customization available with segmented storage and elevated floors
- Two tie-downs, four D-rings, and built-in threaded holes on the sides
- 400-watt 110v outlet, and two 12V wires
- A scannable QR code for ideas and tips on customizing the flatbed
The Standard and Available Driver-Assist Technology has everything you need to stay safe on the road, including:
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps – Comes standard, switches on in dark conditions, and dims when it senses an oncoming vehicle.
- Rearview Camera – Comes standard, the rearview camera is automatically activated when the car is on reverse.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking – Comes standard, scans the road ahead, and alerts the driver of a potential collision with a nearby vehicle, pedestrian, or object in your path. Automatic braking can be activated.
- Blind Spot Information System With Cross-Traffic Alert – Available feature alerts you when a vehicle is in your blind spot.
- Lane-Keeping System – Available feature, scans your vehicle’s position in the lane and alerts you if you drift outside of the lines.
- Adaptive Cruise Control With Stop-And-Go And Lane Centering – Available feature slows your vehicle when traffic has stopped or slowed, resumes the set speed when the road is clear, and helps your vehicle stay centered in the lane.
- Evasive Steering Assist – Available feature provides additional steering support when you need to avoid a potential collision with the vehicle ahead.
No modern vehicle is complete without infotainment. The 2022 Ford Maverick has standard and available entertainment features that will allow you to play music, call a friend, or prompt a command hands-free:
- SYNC 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Easily connect your Apple or Android device. Features an LCD Capacitive Touchscreen and easy-to-use interface.
Available B&O Sound System – A powerful 8-speaker sound system available on the LARIAT model.
- SYNC AppLink – Conveniently access your favorite compatible mobile apps with hands-free voice control.
In Canada, the pricing for the 2022 Ford Maverick starts at a base price of $25,900 for the Maverick XL Hybrid FWD. Although the Maverick goes on sale across the country, you can visit our Ford dealership to place an order today and discuss the different customization options available.
Contact us at Advantage Ford Calgary to book a test drive!
Please follow and like us: